UPDATE JANUARY 6, 2017: We are currently hiring hosts for the following areas: SAN FRANCISCO (Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays.)
JOIN OUR TEAM!
Please read on and get in touch. We are looking forward to hearing from qualified candidates!
Brainstormer is building on our philosophy of ‘Educating America ... one bar at a time!’
Do you love trivia and enjoy hamming it up over a microphone? Become a Brainstormer host!
As a host, you are both the quizmaster and an ambassador for Brainstormer. A Brainstormer host shows up week after week balancing professionalism with a fun,
enthusiastic attitude for quizzing and interacting with quizzers. A host understands that a regular quizzer is a regular customer and naturally teams
up with their venue and its staff to promote its business and make the best quiz night possible. Your outgoing and friendly demeanor excites
regulars and encourages new quizzers to return. You are also dedicated to the event’s success and have no problem familiarizing yourself with the evening’s
quiz, as well as making sure your PA system is top-notch before your event.
Ambitious hosts can also seek out new venues to introduce Brainstormer quiz nights and increase their ‘mic’ time during the week.
Candidates must be social media savvy and use sites including Facebook and Twitter to promote the event.
Use of these marketing tools will foster interaction between Brainstormer, the venue,
and the quiz participants, and help build a successful quiz night!
Brainstormer quizmasters have:
- Experience speaking in front of an audience of up to 100 people with a microphone personality (essential)
- Played Brainstormer before and are acutely aware of our format (essential)
- Own laptop computer (essential)
- Own eclectic song library (essential)
- Own digital/point and shoot camera (essential)
Brainstormer quizmasters are:
- Fun, friendly and outgoing
- Reliable, responsible and trustworthy
- Able to multi-task
- NOT thinking of moving within the next year
- Educated, diplomatic, and able to put out fires
- Internet and social media savvy and know how to promote their gig
- Over 21 years old (It's in a bar, after all)
- Determined to have fun while working (essential!)
Please complete the following form to learn more about joining the ranks of our fun-loving Quizmasters!
Those who tell us a lot about themselves in the 'WHY?' section are more likely to score an interview, so don't hold back!