Start Date 11/12/2017
End Date 2/22/2018
Info STARTS NOVEMBER 12, 2017!! (‘Warm Up’ bonus weeks are October 29 and November 5.) The League Rules have been updated on OCTOBER 23, 2017. To learn more, click HERE.
New to Brainstormer and want to join the Winter League?
* STEP ONE: Create a Quizzer profile – click HERE.
* STEP TWO: Create a Team profile – click HERE. Remember to choose a 'Favorite Quiz Venue,' your ‘home’ venue. This is the bar/restaurant your team will play
at during the qualifying rounds of each week of the league. Don't forget to invite your team mates to join on line!
* STEP THREE: Click the REGISTER button to add your team to the league. Then click HERE to make sure your team appears in the league standings.
BAY AREA TRIVIA CHAMPIONSHIP - $2,300+ in prizes! More details about the date and venue for the final will be posted soon.
QUALIFYING ROUNDS ($200):
'Genius Bonus' - Team that attends the Bay Area Trivia Championship that also played the most weeks during the league and achieved the highest cumulative points score during those weeks (bonus points, plus league points, plus call-to-action bonus points) = $125. 'Genius Bonus' runner-up = $75 (teams from venues where at least two teams meet the minimum attendance requirement for league are eligible for these prizes. In the event of a tie, the prize will go to the team that scores the most points at the Grand Final.)
CHAMPIONS PLAYOFF PRIZES ($1,100):
Winner = $500 + THE BRAINSTORMER CUP engraved with team name as BAY AREA TRIVIA CHAMPIONS! * Second Place = $300 * Third Place = $200 * Fourth Place = $100
GOLDEN TICKET PRIZES ($700):
All teams that win a Golden Ticket to attend the Bay Area Trivia Championship will face-off against each other for a chance to win the following prizes: Winner = $400 = * Second Place = $200 * Third Place = $100
ADDITIONAL PRIZES ($300):
*ALL* teams that attend the Bay Area Trivia Championship will be competing for the following prizes:
* 'Perfectly Average Score' (yes, we reward mediocrity!) = $100 * 'Team Spirit Prize' (awarded to the team that impresses the audience at the final with their choice of costume, t-shirt design, dance, song, etc...) = $100 * ‘Loyalty Bonus’ (team that played the most weeks during the league that achieves the second lowest score of ALL participating teams at the Bay Area Trivia Championship) = $100
MINIMUM ATTENDANCE REQUIREMENT:
To be eligible to qualify for The Bay Area Trivia Championship, teams must play a minimum of 8 league weeks at their league venue.
CALL-TO-ACTION BONUS LEAGUE POINT OPPORTUNITIES:
1. EARLY REGISTRATION BONUS! Have your team captain register your team for this league directly on our website by NOVEMBER 4 to earn 20 bonus league points.
2. SOCIAL MEDIA BONUS! Locate the 'WINTER LEAGUE 2017' post on our FACEBOOK or INSTAGRAM. In the comments, add your team name AND tag the bar your team will be playing at during the league by NOVEMBER 17. A maximum of 20 bonus league points can be earned for each team.
3. WARM UP BONUS POINTS! Play the entire quiz at your league venue, using your league name, on the weeks commencing OCTOBER 29 and/or NOVEMBER 5 and earn 20 bonus league points for each of those weeks.
Bonus league point opportunities for 1., 2., and 3. above will be included in your team's score for Week 1 of the league.
4. TEAM PRIDE WEEK! Play the entire quiz at your league venue on the week commencing NOVEMBER 26. Have someone (perhaps a member of the venue's staff, or a member from another team?) take a photo of your entire team (we want to see their smiling faces!) Be sure to include your friendly Brainstormer host in the team photo :) A. Post the photo as the MAIN photo of your team profile on the Brainstormer site for the duration of the league. B. Post that same photo on our FACEBOOK or INSTAGRAM by DECEMBER 1, and be sure to properly tag Brainstormer. Your team will earn 40 bonus league points if the requirements of both A. and B. have been met.
NON LEAGUE WEEKS. While the quiz may be happening at many of our venues (please check our email blast or ask your host), the following weeks will not be part of the league: THANKSGIVING WEEK (week that starts November 19), CHRISTMAS WEEK (week that starts December 24), NEW YEAR’S WEEK (week that starts December 31, 2017).