Start Date 12/12/2016
End Date 3/19/2017
Info PLEASE READ the LEAGUE SCORING & RULES as they were updated on NOV. 19, 2016.
BAY AREA TRIVIA CHAMPIONSHIP ($2,000+ in prizes! The Bay Area Trivia Championship will be held at St. Thomas More School on April 29, 2017. More details will be available soon!
CHAMPIONS PLAYOFF PRIZES ($1,000):
Winner = $500 + THE BRAINSTORMER CUP engraved with team name as BAY AREA TRIVIA CHAMPIONS! * Second Place = $300 *
Third Place = $200 * Fourth Place = $100
GOLDEN TICKET PRIZES ($600):
All teams that win a Golden Ticket to attend the Bay Area Trivia Championship will face-off against each other for a chance to win the following prizes: Winner = $400 * Second Place = $200
ADDITIONAL PRIZES ($400):
Additionally, *ALL* teams that attend the Bay Area Trivia Championship will be competing for the following prizes:
Team that topped the league table, scoring the most league points during the qualifying rounds (league points added to call-to-action bonus points) = $100 (awarded to team from a venue where a minimum of two teams meet the minimum attendance requirement for league.)
'Perfectly Average Score' = $100 (yes, we reward mediocrity!)
'Costume Prize' = $100
‘Loyalty Bonus’ (team that played the most weeks during the league that achieves the second lowest score of ALL participating teams at the Bay Area Trivia Championship) = $100.
MINIMUM ATTENDANCE REQUIREMENT:
To be eligible to qualify for The Bay Area Trivia Championship, teams must play a minimum of 8 league weeks at their league venue.
CALL-TO-ACTION BONUS LEAGUE POINT OPPORTUNITIES:
1. EARLY REGISTRATION BONUS! Have your team captain register your team for this league directly on our website by NOVEMBER 27 to earn 20 bonus league points.
2. FACEBOOK BONUS! Locate the 11/20 post on our FACEBOOK. In the comments, add your team name AND tag the bar your team will be playing at during the league by DECEMBER 12. A maximum of 20 bonus league points can be earned for each team.
3. WARM UP FOR WINTER BONUS POINTS! Play the quiz at your league venue on the weeks commencing NOVEMBER 28 and/or DECEMBER 5 and earn 20 bonus league points for each of those weeks.
4. FEELING FESTIVE BONUS POINTS! During our final league quiz of 2016 (the week commencing DECEMBER 19), the wearing of Santa hats, tinsel, ugly sweaters, and appropriate holiday attire is strongly encouraged at your league venue. Have a friendly person in the bar take a new photo of your team posing with your quiz host. Go to our Facebook page and add your photo to the comments of the league post dated December 18 to earn 20 bonus league points. Be sure to add your team name and tag your league bar as well. HAPPY HOLIDAYS! NOTE: If your normal quiz night is Sunday, you can take the photo on Sunday, December 18 instead due to the fact that we will NOT be quizzing on December 25.
5. THE U.S. THRIVES FROM DIVERSITY! 20 bonus points opportunity. Coming from different countries and having different cultures is what continues to make America great! For more details, go to our FACEBOOK page.
6. GO GREEN! During the final week of our league (week 12/week of March 13) your team can earn UP TO 20 bonus points. Let's celebrate St. Patrick's Day early by wearing green... all shades of green! Have *all* your team members get in on the fun by wearing green shirts, hats, suspenders, boas, beads, etc... Have a friendly person in the bar take a new photo of your team POSING WITH YOUR QUIZ HOST. Go to our FACEBOOK and add your photo to the comments of the league post dated MARCH 12. Be sure to add your team name and tag your league bar as well. Your team will earn 20 bonus league points if the Brainstormer judges are really impressed with the effort you all have shown. Partial credit (5, 10, or 15 points) can also be earned at the discretion of the judges. HAPPY ST. PADDY'S DAY! (Remember, NEVER call it Patty's Day!) NOTE: If your normal quiz night is Sunday, you can take the photo on Sunday, March 19.
WEEK TWELVE of our league (the week that starts March 13) earns each team that shows up at its league bar to play trivia TWENTY bonus league points! These points will be in addition to the 'GO GREEN!' bonus points. It's going to be an exciting finish to our Winter League. Don't forget to mark your calendar for the date of our Grand Final on SATURDAY, APRIL 29. Teams that qualified for either the Champions Playoff or Golden Ticket Playoff will be notified very soon!
NON LEAGUE WEEKS:
While many of our bars *will* be hosting trivia on these weeks, the following weeks will NOT apply toward your league scores:
DECEMBER 26, 2016 - Merry Christmas!
JANUARY 2, 2017 - Happy New Year!