$1,000 in prizes!!!
UPDATE (July 2, 2008) - Over 300 teams gave it their best in the biggest trivia league ever to hit the Bay Area!
34+ teams go forth to the play-off to slug it out for the spoils and ultimate bragging rights!
Thanks to everyone who took part this time around. Your local Quizmaster will let you know when our next league will start.
ATTENTION WINNING TEAM REPS! The final will be held on Saturday July 12 at 5:30pm in
downtown San Francisco. Get your best team of no more than FIVE players together. CONTACT US! for more details. PLEASE NOTE: Due to space limitations, only quiz team members may attend. No spectators.
League winners at each bar:
Grand Prize is $500, Runner-up wins $300, Third Place wins $200!
How Does it Work?
- Tournament played over the course of SEVEN weeks at each bar listed above, beginning the first week of May, 2008.
- League points awarded on a WEEKLY basis as follows:
3 points for showing up each week (and playing the FULL Pub Quiz) * 10 points to the weekly winner * 8 points for second place * 7 points for third place * 6 points for fourth place * 5 points for fifth place
SCORES POSTED EACH WEEK AT WWW.BRAINSTORMER.COM
Log on to your bar's web page to see the weekly topics and bonus question. Visit the 'Pub Quiz Regulars' section to join a quiz team OR find smart people for YOUR team!
- Best TWO teams from each bar advance to the final to represent that bar. Several of the best Third Placed teams (Wild Cards*) may also be invited to attend. Final will be a 'one-off' pub quiz at a venue in San Francisco.
- Contestants may play on ONE team only and each team may play at ONE bar only for the duration of the tournament. Scores are not transferable between bars.
- New teams can join in anytime but the more you play, the more you score.
- Usual rules apply regarding cheaters/cell phone users, etc… (Automatic disqualification) That means if you are seen using a cell phone, Blackberry, iPhone, PDA, reference materials, etc… while the Quiz is in progress, the Quizmaster has every right to make your team ineligible to win prizes, no questions asked.
- Each team in the final shall be limited to no more than FIVE players per team and teams in the final may only be comprised of players who played for that team during the tournament.
- Venue for final will be announced to qualifying teams and it is beholden on your team to be able to make it to the venue on the date announced. Brainstormer accepts no responsibility for your team's failure to show up. Must be present to win. Prizes will be in the form of gift cards that can be used like cash.
- Brainstormer's decision is final in case of any disputes.